Coronavirus (COVID-19) Advisory: While this announcement describes planned service adjustments, be advised that future rail operations and/or capital projects may continue to be impacted by COVID-19. For the latest Caltrain schedule updates, please visit www.caltrain.com or call Caltrain Customer Service at 1.800.660.4287. For the latest SamTrans schedule updates, please visit www.samtrans.com or call SamTrans Customer Service at 1.800.660.4287.
During the closure, trains that currently stop at the Hillsdale Station will now serve the Belmont Station instead. A new weekday and weekend timetable, effective May 16, will be made available online as soon as possible, pending service updates related to COVID-19.
Upon completion of construction, the Hillsdale Station will be relocated about one block north of its current location, between 28th and 31st Avenues. The new station will have an elevated center-boarding platform allowing for safer, more convenient pedestrian access.
In addition to the new station, the overall project will create three new grade separated east-west connections for vehicles, pedestrians and bicyclists at 25th, 28th and 31st Avenues. Grade separations reduce horn noise while also improving safety and traffic flow.
Caltrain will conduct a virtual town hall on Thursday, April 9, from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. to inform customers about the closure and station access alternatives during construction.
What Hillsdale Station Passengers Need to Know:
- If you drive to Caltrain, use the Belmont Station parking lot as it has sufficient capacity. Parking at the Belmont Station will be free of charge until the Hillsdale Station reopens for service.
- The Hillsdale Station parking lots will close during the station closure.
Free SamTrans Connection for Caltrain Riders:
- SamTrans Route ECR bus service is free between San Mateo and Belmont stations during the Hillsdale Station closure.
- SamTrans Route 292 bus service is free between Hillsdale Shopping Center and San Mateo Station during the Hillsdale Station closure.
- SamTrans bus service is free on all routes (except FCX) for riders with the Caltrain Clipper Monthly Pass 2+ zones.
- All SamTrans buses are ADA accessible.
Free Caltrain Shuttle Service (if available): The existing free Belmont/Hillsdale shuttle will operate throughout the closure during weekday morning and afternoon peak commute hours. New shuttle timetable and route information will be available online.
Updated information on all shuttles serving Caltrain stations will be posted online at www.caltrain.com/shuttles.
- 18 bike racks at Belmont Station
- SamTrans bus bike racks can hold up to three bikes
- The free Belmont/Hillsdale shuttle can hold up to two bikes
Customers are advised to plan accordingly as the temporary station closure may add additional time to your commute.
For more information about Caltrain schedules and fares or for help planning your trip, call Caltrain Customer Service at 1.800.660.4287 (TTY 650.508.6448) or visit www.caltrain.com.
About Caltrain: Owned and operated by the Peninsula Corridor Joint Powers Board, Caltrain provides commuter rail service from San Francisco to San Jose, with commute service to Gilroy. While the Joint Powers Board assumed operating responsibilities for the service in 1992, the railroad celebrated 150 years of continuous passenger service in 2014. Planning for the next 150 years of Peninsula rail service, Caltrain is on pace to electrify the corridor, reduce diesel emissions by 97 percent by 2040 and add more service to more stations.
Free translation assistance is available. Para traducción llama al 1.800.660.4287; 如需翻譯,請電 1.800.660.4287.