Hillsdale Station Opening
Caltrain is excited to announce the new Hillsdale Station is open!
The new elevated Hillsdale Station is approximately four blocks north of its previous location, and is now accessible from 28th Avenue in San Mateo. The new station features a center-boarding platform and pedestrian underpass, eliminating the need for riders to wait at a crossing gate to get from one platform to the other.
The station is part of the 25th Avenue Grade Separation Project, which is separating the tracks from the road at 25th, 28th and 31st Avenues to improve safety for pedestrians, cyclists, and motorists. The project will reduce local traffic congestion in San Mateo.
Caltrain Service Changes
Effective Monday, April 26, Caltrain will adjust both its weekday and weekend schedules to add service to the Hillsdale Station. Hillsdale station will see service every half hour on weekdays and every hour on weeknights and weekends, while Belmont will receive hourly service on both weekdays and weekends.
- New east-west connection for through traffic on 28th and 31st Avenues.
- Two parking lots: one located between 25th and 28th Avenues, and the other located between 28th and 31st Avenues (vehicles only accessible from 28th Avenue).
- The platform can be reached by stairs and accessible ramps at 28th Avenue and the parking lots
- Bike eLockers, bicycle racks (for information on bike eLockers visit bikelink.org)
- Ticket Vending Machines and Clipper card readers on the platform
- Multiple shelters with seating
- Accessible sheltered waiting area; mini highs
** NOTICE: All shuttles will remain at Belmont station until 25th Avenue opens, which is anticipated to happen in summer 2021.
The permanent shuttle stop is located in the parking lot between 25th and 28th Avenues (see map)
Kiss-n-Ride passenger loading area is located in the parking lot between 28th and 31st Avenues (see map)
- SamTrans Route ECR bus service serves El Camino Real between Daly City BART and the Palo Alto Transit Center.
- Bus stops for SamTrans Routes ECR, 251, 256, 294, 295 and 397 are located along El Camino Real. (see map)
Passengers with a Caltrain Clipper Monthly Pass 2+ zones can ride free on SamTrans Local routes
- 25th Avenue will open late summer
- 31st Avenue will open late 2021
- North bike parking area locker installation late 2021
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.
Renderings of New Station
About the 25th Avenue Grade Separation Project
Caltrain is working closely with the City of San Mateo to deliver this important safety project. When complete, the tracks will be separate from the road at 25th Avenue reducing horn noise and improving traffic flow; there will be two new east-west connections at 28th and 31st Avenues; and a new Hillsdale Station with updated amenities will better serve the community. For more information or to sign up for project updates visit www.caltrain.com/25thGS.
Still have questions?
Please call Caltrain Customer Service at 1-800-660-4287 or email email@example.com.