Temporary Hillsdale Station ClosureSign Up for Project Updates
In order to complete the 25th Avenue Grade Separation Project that will improve safety, traffic flow, and reduce train noise, Hillsdale Station will be temporarily closed for up to six months starting in December 2019. This will allow for the transition from ground-level tracks to elevated tracks; the creation of an east-west connection at 28th Avenue; and the building of the new Hillsdale Station without interrupting Caltrain’s passenger service that serves 63,000 daily commuters. When complete, the new landscaped station will be located at 28th Avenue with updated amenities.
Information for Hillsdale Station Customers
During the temporary Hillsdale Station closure, Belmont Station (1.7 miles south) will receive additional train service.
- Riders may take the Samtrans bus between Hillsdale and Belmont Stations at no additional charge. The bus arrives every 15 minutes on El Camino Real on weekdays.
- Enhanced shuttle service will be available during commute hours between Hillsdale and Belmont Stations. (More details available in fall 2019)
- Caltrain will provide station access maps and maps to navigate between stations in fall 2019.
- The updated Caltrain schedule for the temporary closure will be released in winter 2019.
A virtual town hall took place on July 31, 2019. Another community meeting will be held a month and a half prior to the temporary closure. Caltrain will continue to communicate with residents, businesses and other interested members of the public.
To sign up for project updates, click here. Caltrain also offers a weekly construction notice for those interested in the latest construction activities, and for questions please call the Caltrain Customer Service at 1-800-660-4287 or email SMGradeSep@caltrain.com.
- Archived Virtual Town Hall Presentation & Live Chat
- Invite to Virtual Town Hall
- Hillsdale Station Closure FAQs (coming September 2019)
- Access Maps (coming fall 2019)
About the 25th Avenue Grade Separation Project
Caltrain is working closely with the City of San Mateo to deliver this important safety project. When complete, the tracks will be separate from the road at 25th Avenue reducing horn noise and improving traffic flow; there will be two new east-west connections at 28th and 31st Avenues; and a new Hillsdale Station with updated amenities will better serve the community. For more information or to sign up for project updates visit www.caltrain.com/25thGS.
Follow us on Social Media to Stay Informed
You can now receive Caltrain news via e-mail!
Caltrain Twitter is human-operated M-F, 7am to 7pm, excluding holidays.