Roadway Worker Protection (RWP)
Roadway Worker Protection (RWP) training is required by federal regulation (49 CFR 214.345). Each railroad must provide this training to any individuals performing work on behalf of the railroad and are working near or with moving equipment on the tracks or off the tracks.
Students will learn the requirements for working on or near Caltrain tracks (known as the Right of Way). These requirements are intended to keep everyone safe and avoid harm to themselves and others, as well as to avoid damage to equipment and trains.
Scheduling for RWP training can be done by calling the RWP Safety Trainer directly or online (preferred) by following the instructions below. Please forward this information as needed to contractors. Please note that class size will be limited to 30 participants. Classes will be available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 8am.
The training materials and study guide is also included below for your convenience. Please review the materials (slides and study guide) before class to familiarize yourself with the training and prepare you for the test. Click on the links below to access the training materials.
To sign up for the training class
- Go to website - www.appointmentquest.com/scheduler/2170122325
- Select the type of training needed- (RWP/ Machine Operator, Roadway Maintenance Machines)
- Select date- Available dates will be highlighted in blue with grey background
- Select time: 8 a.m.
- Fill in required information on customer information page, then click “proceed”
- Indicate the number of employees/customers attending above to the “Make Appointment Box”
- Confirm appointment by clicking “Make Appointment”
You will receive a confirmation e-mail with the dates and time requested.
Please contact the safety trainer below if you have any questions.
Lisa Nielson, CHST
RWP Safety Trainer
Transit America Services Inc.
1/18/17 - jb c/o debessay