Caltrain is a great way to travel together for field trips and special outings, such as the ballgames. Save time, effort, money and avoid standing in line at the ticket machine on the day of your trip by purchasing your tickets in advance.
Group tickets are sold at a 10% discount off the Caltrain Day Pass or One-way paper ticket price.
To place your order, simply fill out the Group Travel Order Form (MS Excel, pdf) and follow the directions shown. Please don't send in the payment until your trip has been confirmed by Caltrain.
Rules for Use of Group Ticket Sales
- A minimum of 25 farepaying guests must be traveling in your group.
- The group must be traveling on the same ticket type (e.g. Day Pass or One-way)
- The Group Travel Order Form must be submitted at least 9 business days before your travel date.
- There are no exchanges or refunds.
- Group tickets don’t guarantee a seat. Due to the train’s popularity, some customers may need to stand.
Adult Caltrain + VTA Day Pass: the group ticket discount is only applied to the Caltrain portion of the ticket. VTA Day Pass cost remains $7.50 per person.
For more information about group ticket sales, e-mail your questions to our Customer Experience Team.
You can now receive Caltrain news via e-mail!
Caltrain Twitter is human-operated M-F, 7am to 7pm, excluding holidays.