Important Message to Caltrain Riders that Park at the Millbrae Transit Center:
Beginning this fall, BART will be closing some of its parking lots on the east side of Millbrae Transit Center to accommodate the construction of a large Transit-Oriented Development Project. This will result in the permanent loss of several hundred parking spaces in the BART-operated lots. Caltrain’s parking lot on the west side of the Transit Center will remain open during construction.
See Map Below
Any Caltrain riders currently using BART parking facilities will be restricted to the Caltrain parking lot once construction commences for the Transit Oriented Development.
Considering this reduction in available parking, Millbrae riders are encouraged to consider the following alternatives:
- Take a SamTrans Bus to Millbrae Transit Center
SamTrans Route ECR service Millbrae station every 15-20 minutes during peak commute hours.
- Park at the Broadway Caltrain Station and take the FREE “MB Shuttle” to Millbrae Transit Center.
Shuttles leave Broadway Station every 15-20 min, 6:10-9:12 a.m & 3:38-7:21 p.m. on weekdays and make the trip in approx. 7 minutes (no Caltrain service to Broadway Station on weekdays).
- Bike, Walk, or Take a Taxi/Rideshare to Millbrae Station
Limited bike rack space is available on the Caltrain platform and electronic bike lockers are available via BikeLink.
- Use the San Bruno Station or Other Caltrain Stations
San Bruno Station typically has some parking available. Service frequency varies by station, so check the schedule before arriving.
- Carpool using Commute.org/Scoop/Waze/NextDoor/Other Online Resources