Summary of Changes
Effective August 30, 2021
Effective Monday, August 30, Caltrain will have more service than ever before, with various enhancements and new options for customers returning to the system. Back by popular demand, the Baby Bullet returns to the schedule. More frequent evening service means more options for customers dining out, attending evening events, or even just working late!
Caltrain will significantly increase the number of trains scheduled during the peak commuting hours with a wider variety of service options for customers with different needs and priorities.
Summary of Changes - Weekday Schedule (Aug 30)
- Increased service and frequency throughout the day & evenings.
- Baby Bullet returns.
- Four trains per hours during peak commute (6 a.m. to 9 a.m. & 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.) with Baby Bullet, Limited Express and Local Service.
- Introducing Limited Express train service during mid-day periods.
- Consistent weekday transfers for most trains at Millbrae Transit Center.
- Third train added to Gilroy Service.
Summary of Changes - Weekend
- Increased Sunday Service: 2 additional round trips.
- Unified weekend schedule: Identical schedule operates Saturdays and Sundays.
See a Complete List of Changes.
See service descriptions and patterns shown in the diagram below.
Service Type (2 digit: 1 letter, 1 no.) is posted on the train exterior next to or on locomotive or front cab car.
|BABY BULLET EXPRESS SERVICE
Weekdays – Peak Hours
Service Type B7, Train No. 7XX Series
Baby Bullet service is the fastest travel option, stopping at only a few of the most popular stations between San Francisco and San Jose.
The red columns on the schedule indicate Baby Bullet Express Service trains.
Weekdays – Early Morning, Midday, Early Evening
The yellow columns on the schedule indicate Limited-Stop Service trains.
Weekdays – All Day
Weekend – All Day, Same Saturday & Sunday Service
The white/gray columns on the schedule indicate Local Service trains.