How to Ride Step 4 - Board and Ride
Step 4: Board and Ride
- Look for the train numbers next to the locomotive or front cab car.
- No bike? Please select an alternate car.
- All strollers must be folded before boarding and stored on the racks in the Luggage Car.
- Pay attention to the stops.
- Radios and music players are allowed with earphones only.
- Roller blades and rollerskates may not be worn onboard trains or on station property.
- Keep cell phone use to a minimum and speak quietly when in use.
- On crowded trains, don't block seats with personal belongings.
- Personal items may be placed under the seat or in the overhead rack.
- Store luggage in the designated areas.
- Open alcoholic containers aren't permitted on trains beginning at 9 p.m. on special event nights.
- Keep vestibule, aisles and stairs clear.
- Don't put feet on the seats.
- In case of onboard emergency, the conductor will provide necessary instructions.
- Be courteous to your fellow riders.
Additional Rider Info:
Types of Service:
Baby Bullet Express Service: Baby Bullet service travels between San Francisco and San Jose in about an hour, stopping at a few popular stations.
Limited-stop Service: Trains that serve fewer stations than local service.
Local-stop Service: Trains that serve all regular service stations.
Wheelchair Car: An area is reserved for wheelchair users in the second car from the north end of the train. (Sometimes it's the northernmost car.)
Luggage Car: Dedicated luggage racks are available in the third car from the north end of the train. Please sit near your luggage.
Bike Car: Bike space is available in the northernmost car as well as one other car (Bombardier equipment accommodates 48 bikes; gallery trains 80 bikes.) Bicycles must be stowed in the designated storage space onboard. Folding bicycles should be collapsed and stored under the seat in front of you or on the luggage rack but never on the seat next to you. Bicyclists must be at least 6 years old. Bicycle riding on the station platforms and ramps is not allowed.
4/4/14 - rjc
You can now receive Caltrain news via e-mail!
Caltrain Twitter is human-operated M-F, 7am to 7pm, excluding holidays.