How to Ride Step 1 - Plan
Step 1: Plan
- Find a timetable; printed or online (Mobile Device? View the list of apps: caltrain.com/mobile)
- Which direction are you going? Northbound or Southbound?
- Determine the Stations where you will be departing and arriving.
- On the timetable, locate the times that correspond to the stations, and note the train number listed at the top of the column.
- Fares are based on the number of zones traveled. Refer to the Timetable or System Map to determine the number of zones for your trip.
Types of Service:
3/21/13 - rjc
Baby Bullet Express Service: Caltrain’s Baby Bullet express service makes it possible to travel between San Francisco and San Jose in less than an hour stopping at a few popular stations. Caltrain offers 22 weekday commute-hour bullet trains.
Limited-stop Service: Trains that serve fewer stations than local service.
Local-stop Service: Trains that serve all regular service stations.
You can now receive Caltrain news via e-mail!
Caltrain Twitter is human-operated M-F, 7am to 7pm, excluding holidays.